COVID-19 Product Cleaning & Disinfection
In response to the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Neurotronics felt it was important to update our distributors and customers on cleaning and disinfection of our products.
We are keeping up to date with the latest CDC information on cleaning and disinfection. Links are available below for your reference.
The CDC expects that cleaning products with EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims are effective against COVID-19. Additionally, the CDC says that diluted bleach solutions and alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol should be effective.
Please follow the cleaning instructions for each of our products provided in the product manuals. Neurotronics has taken steps to test more cleaning products which is referenced below.
We are committed to our customers, employees and communities during this trying time. We are here to answer any questions and help in any way possible.
Neurotronics Product Cleaning
Instructions for Use, Rev. 19091801
To clean belt, wash by hand in warm water with a mild detergent, and air dry.
To clean sensor, wipe the plastic enclosure and wire set with either:
- 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Bleach solution containing 0.6% Sodium Hypochlorite
Do not immerse the sensor in cleaning solution or allow liquid to get into any openings. Immersing the sensor will damage the device and void the product warranty. Ensure the belt and sensor are thoroughly dry before use.
Additional Cleaning Reference for Neurotronics Sensors
- TH01 Thermocouple Sensor w/ Hanger
- TH01 Thermocouple Sensor
- BP01 Body Position Sensor
- PZ01 Piezo Limb Movement Sensor
- RIP01 RIP Driver, Abdomen
- RIP01 RIP Driver, Thorax
- PZ01 Piezo Snore Sensor
- 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
- PDI Super Sani-Cloth Wipes (EPA Registration Number: 9480-4)
- PDI Sani-Cloth Bleach Wipes (EPA Registration Number: 9480-8)
RIP Belts and Heel Straps
- Heel Straps
- RIP01 RIP Belt, Large - 32"-78"
- RIP01 RIP Belt, Medium - 21"-45"
- RIP01 RIP Belt, Small - 15"-27"
- Spray with Clorox Commercial Solutions Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant (EPA Registration Number: 67619-24)
- Wash by hand in warm water with a mild detergent, air dry
Website Reference List
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2